7 1/2 oz.
1 1/4 C.
1 1/4 C.
1 to 2 Tbsp
Whole legs duck confit
Sliced almonds, toasted
Thinly sliced scallions, green parts only
Salt & Pepper
Feuille de bric or 48 sheets phyllo dough
Ground cinnamon, for garnish
Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
- Pull the meat off the duck bones; discard the bones and skin.
- Mix the duck meat with the almonds, hoisin, scallions, harissa, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out 1 sheet of bric or 2 sheets of phyllo on a dry work surface.
- Place about 3 ounces (1/2 cup) of duck mixture along 1 end of the pastry.
- Fold in the end, then the sides, and roll up the pastry like a cigar.
- Brush the end with egg white and press to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- For each serving, to order: Fry 1 pastilla roll until golden brown. Cut it on the diagonal and stand the two halves up on a plate.
- Garnish with cinnamon and confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.