Ingredients & Directions
1 1/3 C.
Sliced, toasted almonds
Half and half
- Puree toasted almonds in a food processor until they reach the consistency of peanut butter.
- Mix together the yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler and whisk until foamy, pale yellow color and the temperature of an instant read thermometer reaches 160° F.
- Combine the half and half and almond puree in a saucepan and heat until warm but not boiling.
- Slowly add the half and half mixture to the egg yolk mixture, and then add the cream and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the amaretto liqueur.
- Refrigerate the mixture, preferably overnight, then spin in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.