4 cupslow-fat granola
4 cups seasoned croutons
1 ½ cups fresh anise, chopped*
¾ cup golden raisins
¾ cup slivered almonds
3 Tbsps. margarine
2 cups chicken stock
24 game hens
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups currant jelly
6 cups Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Cereal, crushedDIRECTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Stuffing: In a large bowl combine granola and croutons, reserve.
3. Sauté anise, raisins and almonds in margarine until golden brown. Add cereal mixture; moisten with chicken stock (dressing should be moist, not wet).
4. Prepare Hens: Clean and wash hens thoroughly. Season cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff loosely with stuffing mixture. Button up end with wooden picks.
5. Warm currant jelly and glaze hens. Carefully roll hens in crushed corn flakes cereal.
6. Bake for 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature of hens reaches 165°F.* fresh fennel may be substituted
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 970 (44% from fat); Fat 47g (sat. 12g); Protein 87g; Carbohydrates 48g; Sodium 1180mg; Cholesterol 270mg; Fiber 2g
SERVINGS:24 servingsFrom:Submitted to FM by Timothy Mitchell Manager, Hank Fisher Properties Sacramento, CA