Yield: 25 4”x 6” pieces.
- 1 lb. sourdough bread slices, dry or slightly toasted, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 Chicken of the Sea® Premium Pink Salmon (40 oz. pouch), flaked
- 2 lb. fresh asparagus, woody ends removed, blanched and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 dozen large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 qt. milk
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. white pepper
Cover the bottom of a 12”x 20”x 2” hotel pan with half of the bread pieces. Evenly cover bread with half of each: Chicken of the Sea® Salmon, asparagus, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining half. Top with the Gruyere cheese; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture within one inch of the top of the pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 1½ hours, or until bubbling and a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.