Ingredients & Directions
| 4 |
| Garden Hearts® Petite Hearts of Romaine |
Medium-size, boiling potatoes
White onion, finely chopped
Large garlic clove, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken stock or broth
Kielbasa sausage or sausage of your choice
- Wash potatoes, leaving the skin on, and place in a medium-size pot. Cover with lightly salted hot water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 5 to 7 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking sauté diced onions and garlic in vegetable oil until translucent. Remove from the heat and add the celery seeds, sugar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar and chicken stock or broth. Whisk until blended; keep warm.
- Drain the boiled potatoes and let them cool until you can handle them. Peel the skin off or leave it on, as desired, and hand-slice ¼-inch thick pieces into a mixing bowl. Pour warm dressing over the potatoes and toss very gently, taking care not to mush the potato slices; keep warm.
- While heating up a large, nonstick pan, slice the sausage on a bias into ½ inch wheels, then sauté over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and add to the potato salad.
- Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts®, rinse under cold, running water and separate into individual leaves. Using a half head for each plate, arrange leaves in a standing fan at the back of the bowl.
- Place an equal amount of the warm potato and sausage salad in the bowl, sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve warm.