From: Chef Scott Boone, Mill Creek Country Club, Mill Creek, WA.
Yield: 4 servings.
- Shrimp: 24 U/15 Ocean Garden® Authentic Mexican White Shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 3 cups salsa verde (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sour cream (thinned and placed in squeeze bottle)
- 1 cup ancho chile mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 16 eggs, beaten
- 24 black olives
- 12-oz. can of tomatillos
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- Ancho Chili Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chile paste or powder
For shrimp: Toss in boiling water for 1 minutes, then shock cool in ice water. Shrimp should be half-cooked.
For frittata: Preheat oven to 350°F. In small nonstick omelet pan, place 2 Tbsp. butter or oil and heat until hot (not smoking). Ladle ¼ of the beaten egg, turn heat down, and place six shrimp in egg with tails curled toward middle. Place pan in oven and cook until egg sets and prawns are done. Keep warm. Repeat process for remaining servings.
For plating: On large dinner plate, pool ¼ of the salsa verde. Place shrimp frittata in the middle. Place black olives under curve of each shrimp tail (to elevate tails). Drizzle ancho mayonnaise and sour cream over oil. Garnish with tortilla chips.
For salsa verde: Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree.
For ancho chili mayonnaise: Mix well in bowl of food processor and put into squeeze bottle. Chill.