|1 container (16 ounces) |
3 Tbsp plus 1/2 c
|Cottage cheese |
Grated orange peel
Chopped blanched almonds
Fresh or frozen blueberries
(recipe follows) Crepes
Toasted sliced natural almonds
- To prepare filling: In a blender container, place cottage cheese, egg yolks, 3 tablespoons sugar and orange peel; whirl until well combined. Add chopped almonds; whirl until smooth; set aside.
- To prepare blueberry sauce: In a saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and blueberries. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened and clear, about 1 minute.
- To assemble: Place 2 rounded tablespoons of filling on each crepe. Roll and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- At serving time: Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake filled crepes until hot, about 15 minutes. Top with blueberry sauce, sprinkle with toasted almonds and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream.
- TO PREPARE CREPES: In a blender container, place 4 eggs, 1 cup each flour and milk, 1 tablespoon light brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Whirl until smooth. Spray crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add about 3 tablespoons batter to pan, tilting to make an even layer. Cook on one side until crepe begins to brown, about 1 minute. Place on a sheet of waxed paper, browned side up. Repeat with remaining batter; layering the crepes with waxed paper.