Chocolate Truffle Topping:
oz. Butter, softened
oz. Sugar, granulated
tsp. Almond extract
oz. Flour, all purpose
oz. Rice flour
oz. Almond flour
oz. Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
tsp. Curry powder
oz. Toasted chopped almonds
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and almond extract. Add dry ingredients and mix until mixture is moistened, but still crumbly.
- Press mixture into sheet pan lined with parchment. Sprinkle top with sugar, and roll out until smooth and even. Pierce the top of the shortbread with a fork or meat tenderizer.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20-25 minutes until top is light golden brown.
For chocolate truffle topping
- Over double boiler, melt butter, chocolate, sugar, and cocoa together. Remove from heat. Add egg and stir until blended.
- Spread chocolate truffle topping over shortbread. Sprinkle with toasted chopped almonds. Bake for 5-10 minutes until mixture is set. Cut into bars while still warm.