Medium Idaho® potatoes, peeled, washed and very thinly sliced
Napa cabbage, julienned
Apple wood bacon, diced small
Sauteed assorted sliced mushrooms
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add the bacon, once the fat starts rendering out, add the leeks, garlic and Napa cabbage. Saute for 3 minutes; add the mushrooms.
- Season this mixture to taste, set aside.
- Place this mixture on a 9x12-inch baking pan and layer the potatoes evenly to cover the mixture completely.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the potatoes; season again to taste.
- Place in the oven until the potatoes brown well, remove and let cool at room temperature.
- With a ring cutter, cut 1-1/2-inch circles, chop the excess; divide equally among half the rings.
- Place a ring from the uncovered half on top of the covered ones and reheat at 375 degrees F; serve immediately.