Ingredients & Directions
1/2 C. + 2 Tbsp.
1/2'' slices 2
Crushed, 1 raw halved garlic clove
Pinch salt & pepper
All purpose flour
Arugula -stems off
- Put vinegar, ketchup, and crushed garlic clove in saucepot and reduce to syrupy consistency.
- Remove garlic before serving.
- Cut baguette into 4 pieces, then cut lengthwise to make sandwiches: brush with almond oil and grill until toasty.
- Remove from heat and rub raw garlic clove.
- Using mandolin, thinly slice apple-skin on-put in acidulated water, set aside.
- Dredge tomato slices in seasoned (add salt & pepper) flour, dip in frothed egg whites, coat in almonds, and pan fry in almond oil until almonds golden and crispy.
- Brush approximately 1/2 Tbsp. mayo per sandwich, layer on tomato slices, then apples, then arugula.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction (reserve 1/2 for later), top with brie and put sandwich open faced under broiler to melt cheese.
- Drizzle on the rest of the balsamic reduction and top with other half of baguette.
- Garnish with balsamic drizzles and parsley chopped.