Take note of the current batch of contests for foodservice professionals. The sponsors are looking for great recipes, great restrooms and more.
• Deadline May 1, 2012: Pizza operators can submit a favorite original pizza recipe for the opportunity to win an outdoor advertisement displayed to the public for three months. The Pie in the Sky Recipe Contest is sponsored by Lactalis Foodservice. Chefs and pizza operators are invited to submit their best pizza recipes incorporating one of the Galbani or President cheeses. To enter the contest, visit www.LactalisFS.com/Promotions.
Note: This deadline has passed.
• Deadline July 15, 2012: America’s Best Raisin Bread Contest is open to industry professionals and students in accredited baking programs. The recipe contest is sponsored by the California Raisin Marketing Board and features three competition categories—Artisan, Commercial and Breakfast. For contest details, visit www.loveyourraisins.com.
• Deadline August 14, 2012: Restaurants can enter the 11th Annual America’s Best Restroom® Contest sponsored by Cintas. Nominees will be competing for 2012 King of the Throne honors. Last year’s winner was The Field Museum, Chicago, with Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, VA, named runner-up. Submit your nomination at www.bestrestroom.com. Ten finalists will be announced in August and winners will be revealed at a nationally publicized media event this fall.
• Deadline August 31, 2012: The Go for Great Grains Recipe Contest is open to professional chefs in three categories: K-12, Commercial and Non-Commercial. Sponsored by Barilla, the contest runs from May 1 through August 31. Each category winner will receive registration to the 2012 Culinary Institute of America’s World of Flavors Conference in Napa Valley, November 1-3—a $1,395 value. For details and contest rules, visit www.barillarecipecontest.com.
• Deadline August 31, 2012: The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley is sponsoring the enter-to-win contest, Whisk, Shake & Stir The Perfect Puree. One winner will receive a week in Napa, CA, during the Culinary Institute of America’s Worlds of Flavor Conference on November 1-3, 2012. The prize includes round-trip airfare for two, six nights’ accommodation, and entry for two to the conference. The online contest is open to all, and there’s no purchase necessary to enter. To sign up, visit www.perfectpuree.com/whiskshakestir.