- 11/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 Tbsp. dried basil)
- 41/2 qt. baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs, sliced (1 lb., 5 oz. if using peeled hard-cooked egg product)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
Blend together cheese, oil, vinegar, pine nuts, garlic and basil. Warm in a saucepan over low heat. Pour warm dressing over spinach; toss gently.
For each serving: Portion about 11/2 cups salad, 1 sliced egg, 1 tsp. almonds, and 1 Tbsp. bacon bits onto plate. Serve immediately.