Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Catering Operation
Meal Type: Appetizer
Occasion: Superbowl, Halloween, Fourth of July
Preparation Method: Deep Fry, Simmer
Product Type: Wings
6 Ounces seracha sauce, (OR substitute Tabasco sauce)
1 Ounce sesame oil
1 Cup fresh garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
1 Cup fresh ginger, peeled and cut into slivers
1 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- Mix together the seracha or Tabasco sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and cilantro. Reserve.
10 Pounds TURKEY WINGS
2 Teaspoons smoke essence
To taste salt and pepper
As needed sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut off wing tips. (Reserve for turkey stock or soups.) Cut remaining wings into 2 pieces at each joint.
- In a stock pot, stir smoke essence, salt and pepper into water. Add turkey wings and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Heat oil to 350-375 degrees F. Deep fry wings until they reach a golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place wings in bowl, add reserved hot sauce and toss gently until wings are completely coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Service As needed pickled ginger
As needed wasabi
6 Large limes
- Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the platter and garnish with lime wedges or twists.
Recipe Source: Recipe by Chef Terence Hudson of A. J's. Fine Foods in Scottsdale, AZ