1. In heavy saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add wild rice and stir. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for one hour, until rice is tender and has popped open.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in fry pan over medium until almost crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add butter to bacon pan, then add onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and fold in parsley, hazelnuts and grapes.
4. Add rice with any remaining liquid in pan, to vegetable mixture and toss well to combine.
5. Bake wild rice mixture in a casserole dish covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until hot throughout.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Protein 5.4 g
Carbohydrate 21 g
Fat 8 g
40% Calories from Fat
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 126 mg
Fiber 2.6 g