Fri, 2006-12-01 12:00
Establishment: Restaurant, Club Operation, Business and Industry Account
Meal Type: Main Course, Entrée
Preparation Method: Roast
Product Type: Turkey Breast
1 10-Pound TURKEY BREAST, skin on
1 Pint bourbon whiskey
1 Cup soy sauce
1 Cup honey
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
1 Tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
2 Cups cranapple juice
- Remove turkey breast from bone with a boning knife. Gently pull breast from bone. Separate breast into two lobes. (Save bones for turkey stock.)
- Mix bourbon, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and cranapple juice thoroughly.
- Place boneless turkey breast sections in a glass or other non-corrosive container such as a food-grade plastic container.
- Pour marinade over turkey breasts. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from marinade, drain well and discard marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, skin side up.
- Roast in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 1-1/2 hours or until the internal temperature measures 170 degrees F in the thickest part of the breast.
6 egg yolks
1 Cup cider vinegar
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup light brown sugar
1/2 Cup Coleman's dry mustard
- Whisk egg yolks, cider vinegar, salt, sugar and dry mustard together in a stainless steel bowl.
- Place over a boiling water bath and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Cool and reserve in refrigerator for service.
6 Large Granny Smith apples, cored and finely diced
1-1/2 Cups finely chopped pecans
1/2 Cup sundried cranberries
1/2 Cup bourbon whiskey
1 Cup maple syrup
- Toss together apples, pecans, cranberries, bourbon and syrup. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Slice turkey and serve with Sweet Mustard Sauce and Fresh Apple Hash.
Recipe Source: Recipe developed by Chef Frank Setera, CEC, AAC, of the Imperial Golf Club in Naples, Florida.
|Nutrition Facts |
|Calories 700 Calories from Fat 240 |
|% Daily Value* |
|Total Fat 27g ||42% |
|Saturated Fat 6g ||30% |
|Cholesterol 250mg ||83% |
|Sodium 460mg ||19% |
|Total Carbohydrate 44g ||15% |
|Dietary Fiber 3g ||12% |
|Sugars 38g || |
|Protein 66g || |
|Vitamin A 4% || ||Vitamin C 6% |
|Calcium 10% || ||Iron 25% |
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on you calorie needs: |
| ||Calories: ||2000 ||2500 |
|Total Fat ||Less than ||65g ||80g |
|Sat Fat ||Less than ||20g ||25g |
|Cholesterol ||Less than ||300mg ||300mg |
|Sodium ||Less than ||2,400mg ||2,400mg |
|Total Carbohydrate || ||300g ||375g |
|Dietary Fiber || ||25g ||30g |
|Calories per gram: |
|Fat 9 || ||Carbohydrate 4 || ||Protein 4 |