Ingredients & Directions
2 quarts plus 1 cup
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp.
Lemon, cut in half
Uncooked peeled rock shrimp or baby shrimp
Dry orzo or pastini pasta
Extra virgin olive oil, divided
Blood oranges, divided
White balsamic vinegar
Roasted garlic puree
Calabrese salami, diced small
Baby arugula chiffonade
Wisconsin Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
- In large pot, place 2 quarts water, white wine, lemon, bay leaves, kosher salt and peppercorns; bring to boil. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Drain; discard liquid. Chill shrimp.
- Meanwhile, in large pot, bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil. Add pastini. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain; rinse with cool water. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; refrigerate.
- Make dressing. Peel and segment 2 blood oranges; set aside. Juice remaining 2 blood oranges into large bowl. Add remaining 1 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, remaining 1 cup water, honey, roasted garlic puree and sea salt; whisk to mix well.
- In large bowl, combine shrimp, pastini, salami and orange segments. Stir in about 1/2 of the dressing, adding more if necessary.
- To serve, spoon pastini salad in middle of bowl; sprinkle arugula around edges. Top with Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese and a few cranks of fresh ground pepper.