INGREDIENTS:1 cup chopped onion
1 cup white wine
3 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, roughly chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup cornstarch
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1 pkg phyllo dough
melted butter as neededDIRECTIONS:1. For the filling: Sauté the onion in vegetable oil until soft. Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce by 50 percent.
2. Add the shrimp and poach until just pink. Add the basil.
3. Stir the cornstarch into the cream then stir this into the shrimp mixture. Continue stirring until mixture becomes very thick.
4. Remove the filling from the heat and stir in the cheese.
5. Spoon the mixture into a shallow pan and allow to cool completely.
6. To assemble: Remove phyllo dough from package and unfold. Cover with a lightly damp cloth.
7. Remove individual sheets, one at a time, and brush with butter.
8. Place each successive sheet on top of the previous one until there are 5 layers. With a sharp knife, cut the larger assembled dough into 4 smaller sections.
9. Spoon some of the cooled mixture into each of the 4 smaller sections. Do not overfill. Fold the ends in and roll into a cylinder. Place on a sheet pan with the seam down.
10. Brush the top lightly with remaining butter. Repeat assembling cylinders until you have 12 servings (1 package of dough).
11. Bake packets in a 400°F oven until the dough is golden and crispy.NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 415 (45% from fat); Fat 21g (sat 11g); Protein 28g; Carbohydrates 28g; Sodium 501mg; Cholesterol 223mg; Fiber .3g
SERVINGS:12 servingsShrimp, Basis and Cheese Phyllo wrap.From:Executive Chef Edward Schenk, Presbyterian Village Westland, Westland, MI (HDS Services)