More restaurants are seeking to boost lunch business as competition for diners rises. Chefs are changing up menus frequently for reasons that go beyond seasonality. Up-and-coming foods were featured at the recent Summer Fancy Food Show. A New Jersey court has ruled that restaurant coupons are “consumer contracts.” And learn about this summer’s 50 hottest restaurants in 10 major cities.
• More restaurants join lunch bandwagon. As competition for diners heats up, more places are focusing on midday meals. (Orlando Sentinel)
• 50 hot restaurants for summer. Take a look at the hottest tables of the summer in 10 major cities. (Nation’s Restaurant News)
• Restaurants keep diners guessing. Seasonality still drives regularly changing menus, but so do chefs' desire to test new techniques, sharpen line cooks' skills and attract more regulars. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
• 5 foods you'll soon be eating. Chips made from chickpeas, coconut milk caramels and tea-based ice pops appeared at the recent Summer Fancy Food Show in New York. (MarketWatch)
• NJ court: Restaurant coupons are 'consumer contracts.' The decision could clear the way for a nationwide class-action lawsuit dealing with online restaurant gift certificates. (The Star-Ledger)