The price of wine served at restaurants has climbed over the past six months. Restaurant jobs are at issue in proposed immigration legislation. Healthful limited-service concepts are becoming more popular. Chef Eric Ripert discusses the state of fine dining. And marketers can target digitally savvy Hispanic consumers online and via mobile.
• Wine prices rise. The price of wine by the glass has climbed steadily over the last six months, a study finds. (The Stew/Chicago Tribune)
• Restaurant jobs at issue in immigration legislation. A proposal would offer guest-worker status to some who entered U.S. without permission. (Chicago Tribune)
• Healthful fast food more popular. Better-for-you chains, while still only a tiny part of the restaurant universe, are getting ready to take off. (Business Insider)
• Eric Ripert on fine dining. Ripert has been chef at New York City's three-Michelin-starred Le Bernardin for 20 years. (PG Plate)
• Hispanics are most digitally savvy demographic. Hispanic consumers are a marketer's dream: digitally savvy, young and socially connected. (Ad Week)