48 ea. shrimp, peeled, deveined (16/20 or 2½5 count)
24 ea. bacon slices cut in half
4 oz. Teriyaki sauce
12 ea. skewer, large enough to thread 4 shrimp
Spiced Cream Cheese
12 oz. cream cheese
2 oz. black olives, chopped
½ oz. lemon juice
2 oz. Cajun seasoning
½ oz. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Kosher salt, to taste
1 ea. pita bread, 6 inch rounds
1 oz. spiced cream cheese
1 ea. skewer of glazed shrimp
1 oz. shredded lettuceDIRECTIONS: For Shrimp:
1. Wrap each shrimp in ½ piece of bacon and thread 4 each on a skewer.
2. Grill on a char-broiler while glazing with Teriyaki. Grill until bacon is done. You may need to finish in the oven.
3. Chill following HACCP Guidelines.
For Spiced Cream Cheese:
1. Beat cheese in a mixer with a paddle until smooth.
2. Add all ingredients and incorporate until smooth and spreadable. Chill.
1. Toast pita. Spread cheese mixture in center; toss on lettuce and place shrimp on while removing skewer.
2. Roll in deli wrap leaving half exposed for service or use frill picks & cut in half for catering platter.
This sandwich, shown with sweet-and-sour cucumber salad, is available daily in Sullivan Park Cafe’s Brilliant Cuts Gourmet Deli. It is also used for upscale lunches in the catering program.SERVINGS:12 servingsFrom:Executive Chef: Joe KilmerPHOTO CREDIT:Photo Credit: PHOTOGRAPHY ©2000 DON COCHRAN