2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ lbs. macadamia nuts
48 prawns U-15 peeled and de-veined
grapeseed oil as needed for sauté
1 bunch cilantro
2 large red bell peppers
1 large yellow bell peppers
2 large fresh coconuts
6 large Granny Smith green apples
½ large jalapeño pepper
6 lemons, juiced
6 oz. peanut oil
3 oz. rice wine vinegar
pinch black sesame seeds (for garnish)
sea salt to taste
white pepper to tasteDIRECTIONS: For Prawns
1. Grind macadamia nuts to coarse texture. Crack eggs and whip until combined.
2. Dredge prawns in flour first, then in egg, and evenly crust with macadamia nuts.
3. Sauté until golden brown and finish in 350°F oven. Serve over slaw.
1. Chop cilantro. Remove ribs from the red and yellow peppers and fine julienne.
2. Crack open coconuts and remove meat. Mandoline cut for nice presentation.
3. Mandoline cut green apples into lemon juice and water to prevent browning.
4. Mince jalapeño pepper (adjust quantity for desired spiciness).
5. Drain apples. Combine cilantro, peppers, coconut, apples, jalapeño, oil and rice wine vinegar in stainless steel mixing bowl and toss by hand. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with black sesame seeds.SERVINGS:24 servingsFrom:Randy Bain, Corporate Executive chef, Aramark Corp.PHOTO CREDIT:Photo Credit: ARAMARK CORP.